GENERAL INFORMATION & LODGE RULES
GOVERNMENT RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Driving on the beach outside demarcated areas is strictly forbidden and subject to fines.
- No motor bikes, quad bikes, aircraft (micro-lites) allowed in Maritime jurisdiction areas.
- Quad bikes are not permitted on the beach or to be used within the lodge premises. You may only enter the lodge at the entrance gate, park it at the unit and use it behind the lodge, inland.
- Speed limits strictly 10KPH and no driving of vehicles without a valid driver’s license allowed.
- Launching and beaching of boats – only allowed in the demarcated area and no swimming/snorkeling allowed in this area.
- Launching and operating Jet Skis are subject to launching fees and restricted to the area indicated on the North beach.
- Scuba divers operating their own boats are obliged to obtain a diving license.
- Spear fishing with scuba gear is strictly forbidden and spear fishing or fishing of reef fish will be subject to fines of up to 10 000 MTN.
LODGE GENERAL RULES:
- No speeding & tyre pressures should be deflated to 1.0 bar.
- All fish to be cleaned at the area provided on the beach and not in the lodge.
- For security reasons, please do not employ a local person. Contact reception should you require a male servant. We have dedicated male servants we make use of with a strict payment system. Please do not pay the servants directly.
- Washing of boats and vehicles only allowed at the demarcated area on the beach.
- Every coconut tree and coconut has an owner, even the ones on the ground, please do not take any and respect our local population and their farmlands.
- No pets allowed.
- No loud music on the beach or built up areas, reduce all noise levels to a minimum after 21:00.
- Please use the designated braai area behind the unit. No firewood allowed, only charcoal. No candles allowed. The units have lanterns in the unfortunate event of a power failure. This is a fire hazard area and extra precautions are necessary, please respect this.
- A fire extinguisher and fire blanket is available in the unit. Please report any fire in the lodge to reception immediately.
- The closest evacuation area is the entrance/exit gate area where you should congregate and a staff member will advise you of further instructions.
- An inventory check has been done prior to your arrival, it is your responsibility to please check the inventory upon arrival and report any damages/breakages to reception immediately.
- Upon departure please leave the key inside the unit & lock the unit. We will do an inventory check & the refundable key deposit will be reimbursed subject to damages/breakages.